Welcome to braces4oxford for Orthodontics in Oxford
Specialist Orthodontist providing Orthodontic brace treatment in Headington
Oxford Orthodontic Centre
This is a Specialist Dental Practice that limits treatment to Orthodontics - braces - provided by registered Specialist Orthodontists.
Our aim is to provide high quality orthodontic treatment using a variety of evidence based contemporary techniques to give you a winning smile. The practice is a member of the British Dental Association Good Practice Scheme.
The practice is conveniently located in the centre of Headington on the London Road close to local parking facilities and public transportation links. There are good road connections to the Oxford ring road and the M40.
What sort of braces can I have?
You may have seen standard metal braces but did you know that there are several less visible alternatives?
Adults and Children
You may have seen children and adults wearing braces but have you wondered why? Orthodontic treatment straightens teeth and improves smiles; you too can have a beautiful smile.
Orthodontic treatment can be funded in several ways:
- Private Contract, flexible interest free payment plans available - see Fee Scale for details
- NHS treatment is free for qualifying problems but there are charges for lost and broken appliances
- Certain health insurance companies (please consult your provider for relavant paperwork)
NHS orthodontic treatment funded by the Thames Valley Area Team is available (qualifying problems only) for patients under the age of 18 at the start of treatment.
Please ask you general dental practitioner for a referral for an NHS assessment. Please note, mild, cosmetic treatments are not funded by the NHS.
How to start treatment
- Explore this website to answer many of your questions and find out what may be achieved.
- Contact the practice and discuss possible treatment with our treatment coordinator.
- Schedule an initial orthodontic consultation at which we can tell what can be done; the various appliance types, estimated treatment time and approximate cost. Then schedule an appointment for orthodontic records to get a personal treatment plan.
- NHS treatment - a referral from your dentist is preferred. Contact the practice for details.
What could treatment do for me?
Have you ever wondered what an orthodontist could do for you? You may have wanted orthodontics to straighten your teeth and improve your smile! Visit the Treatment section to see some common orthodontic problems and how they can be corrected. Then read what others have said about us in the Comments section.
Match your teeth to one of the example treatments and see the potential smile orthodontic treatment could give you. Orthodontic braces can make a big difference to dental appearance and self-confidence.